You will need:
1. A ball point pen (that no longer works).
2. A small ball of sticky tac.
3. Paper clip or cocktail stick .
How to make.
1. Remove the ink/ nib part of the pen and discard.
Roll the sticky tac into a cone shape
2. Push the sticky tac into the cone end of the pen until the tac pokes through the end. Use the paper clip or cocktail stick to help you.
3. Finally screw the body of the pen to the end and hey presto you have a pick up tool! The tac can be remoulded if it changes shape If it loses its tackiness simply replace the tac pulling that piece off and push some more through to the end.
To use simple touch the tacky end onto your gem.
The tac holds the gem in place allowing you to place your gem where you want.
The glue under the gem allows it to be removed from the holder easily.
The pen top can be used to keep it clean and tacky.