"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

8 Sep 2014

Another configuration box! (Cutting file)

This was another project I started doing on holiday (vacation). This time its more of a summer/ beach theme being as my holiday location was in a beach town in Cornwall.

I bought the house shape box from a local discount store ( Buyology). I coloured it with Ranger distress inks Evergreen Bough and Mustard seed. I had to use a brush to get into the corners of the squres. I lined the house with paper that came free with a magazine. I can't rememebr what the paper was.

I stamped a few text around the box with some brown archival ink. The contents if the boxes were  either bought ( fish, shells and compass) in shops we visited  or made  ( life belt, anchor and bows). The e blue heart I took with me and is from another configuration box I made ages ago and I decided I didn't like so took it apart again.

The leaves are a ribbon I found in the cake making section of a hardware store we visited again during our holiday.
The compass is adhered to a cork from a wine bottle we had. It brought the compass forward because it looked a bit lost at the back of the box section.
I made the anchor today  to finish it off. I cut it with my Pazzles from chipboard added some dimensional paint and covered it with copper wax guilt from Treasure. The anchor has plaited twine around it.

The life belt was made by cutting out the circles and adhering the red to the white circle. I used my bone folder to curve the belt. I then wrapped some twine around it.
The shell in the left was placed on some netting to resemble fishing net and a few beads were glued to it to add interest.
The bows are again made from twine just to bring it all together and there you have it finished!

If you would like the anchor cutting file you can download it from HERE


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.