"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

10 Aug 2014

toot toot (cutting file)

Here I am again. Its my two grandson's second birthday in the next month or so,  I'm on holiday just before one Grandson's birthday so I thought I'd get started on their birthday cards today wile I have the time.
Both boys are mad keen on the little brio train set we bought them and the one grandson is absolutely obsessed with Thomas the Tank engine and the other prefers Percy soo there was no problem thinking of a card for each of them.
I downloaded a train paper piecing svg/pdf file and transfered it to a print and cut file and cut them out on my Cameo.


 I folded an A4 card in green and blue then matted some yellow striped paper from the Paper mania capsule collection ( dots and stripes).  I adhered all the pieces together and placed in on the card. I used Glossy accents to give a shine to the eyes and bumpers. I painted some Wink of Stella onto the mouth an red part to give them some shine.

When it was all dry I used my Pazzle to cut out the banner triangles and adhered them to the top of the card, I added some bakers twine to complete the banner.
Finally I again used my Pazzles to cut out the theirir names and the number 2 from glitter paper and fixed them to the card.
All I have to do now is print of a greeting for the insert.

If you would like the Thomas  file you can  downloaded it  from Thomas piecing file from Cute as a Fox blog

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.