"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

12 Aug 2014

Configuration box.

I decided to make a configuration box after spotting a wooden box in a local bargain store. The quality of the box was really good. I coloured it using  salty ocean and mowed lawn distress inks from Ranger.


I lined each section with paper from either Papermania or Docrafts prints collection. I've had the pad for ages and of course I can't find it  to let you know now I've tidied up.... typical!!!
Most of the other elements I had in my stash and had bought from a different bargain shop ages ago. I had some flowers left over from my hydrangea project so I made them into a basket of flowers and adhered them to a section with hot glue.  The button is from my mother's button box and I coated them with bronze gilding wax.  The lettering came free with a magazine. I filled the bottles with beads from my stash and tied some black raffia around the neck.  The lace butterfly was from an old hair band. I simply added elements to each section fixing them with my glue gun. The whole thing reminds me of my mother because she loved flowers and was very creative and was especially skilled with anything to do with sewing. It was the second anniversary of her passing last week and as I said in a previous post we've been sorting out  her house recently so she is in my mind a lot at the moment.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely. I like that you chose a box with deep shelves as the bigger items give it real presence. Great paper choice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.