"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

5 Aug 2014

Bunch of Flowers cards


Work and home have kept me busy the last month or so which means I haven't had much time to craft.
I've sort of pottered about tidying my craft room. I don't know why I bothered because it got very messy as soon as I started a project and of course I can't find anything now I've tidied it all away!!

Several colleagues in work were made redundant so I made a few cards for them. It was really hard trying to put a sentiment inside for them at such a sad occasion.
I cut (using my Bigshot)  then scanned my Tattered Lace bunch of flower die and enlarged it using my Make the Cut software and cut it out using my Cameo and Pazzles. Both Machines cut them out well. Why did I use both machines you may ask? I did it to save time because I had to make 4 cards and I had to cut the design out twice for each card. Using The Make the cut program I was able to cut from both machines at the same time. I simply chose which machine I wanted to cut from.
Stephanie Weightman, the owner of Tattered Lace, does allow you to scan the cut dies and cut using your cutting machine. This was recently stated on the Create and Craft TV Chanel.


I used ordinary green card stock for the base and yellow and pink for the flowers.

To make the card I matted some polka dot card onto the base and adhered the green bunch of lowers on top. I cut out the flowers, by hand, from the yellow and pink bunch of flowers once the machines had cut the them.
I adhered the flowers on top of the green base and added some gems to the centre of the flowers. I coated each flower with my new discovery Wink of Stella glitter brush by Zig.  You brush it over your card stock / paper and it gives a lovely fine coat of glitter. There's no point in me adding a link for it because you can search and find it for your own country's supplier. The product will come up if you Google it.

I added a bow for added dimension. I finished the cards off by printing the insert in paper that matched the colour of the flower and contrasted with the background paper. I edged the insert with  a doily dots edge punch from cut.

I did make my brother's birthday card but I forgot to take a photo of it because we were in the process of clearing my mother's house... a bitter sweet task. Sadness because it was the end of an era  but sweet when we found things that brought back such happy memories.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.