"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

11 Aug 2014

Be Bold (Sunflower cutting file)

Another journal page I needed to do. When things are not going so well in specific areas of your life you sometimes have to stand your ground and stick up for yourself. That is what this journal page is all about. I'm usually an easy going sort of person but Ive noticed lately that I'm less tolerant than I used to be and have gained the confidence to speak out when things are not as they should be.



I sprayed the page with dyslusions spray inks of various colours  for the background. I then stamped some printed text stamps using archival ink.  The flowers were cut out using my Cameo from a FREE CUTTING FILE from SVGCuts  using different shades of yellow paper. I adhered the layers to my page using Modpodge and cut strips with a welded word for the main  and other stems.  I added molding paste spread through punchonella in the centre of each flower and coloured it brown when dry. I went over the lines and shaded with Pitt pens. I finished it off with lines of dots using my white Sharpies pen. Oh yes I added a few rub ons too.

I wish I was like this when I was younger, I was too much of a shrinking violet in those days!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.