"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

4 Jun 2014

Revamped Photo frames

As I said in my last post, I have bought some Treasure Gold Wax during a multimedia workshop and have an idea of where to use it..
I have had three white photo frames for many years and hubby doesn't like them. They are made of a white unglazed pottery.
I decided to revamp the frames and give them a new life.

First I painted the frame with yellow ochre acrylic paint and let it dry. It took ages t paint because I had to make sure all the nooks and crannies were painted and didn't show any white. I left the frame to dry thoroughly ( overnight). Finally I rubbed the gold wax over the frame .  First I used my finger to rub the wax but that didn't get into the folds and detail etc so I changed to using a brush. All it needed was to lightly brush the wax over the frame.
I was pleased with the result and it looks quite antique. Ive finished two frames and just have to put the wax onto the last one and it'll be finished!!  Best of .....all hubby likes the transformation!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous transformation you did with these frames!! Love them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.