"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

2 Mar 2014

60th Birthday card

Its that time of life when I and my friends are or have  reached a milestone as far as birthdays are concerned! I had my 60th birthday a few days ago and it is my friends birthday in a few weeks.
I had a new computer for my birthday and I've spent a few days trying to set up my computer and transfer all my crafting programs and files. While I was checking whether my Studio and Make the Cut programs worked correctly I made a card for my friend using my Cameo ( Studio software) It cut perfectly first time... much to my relief.

The picture doesn't really show that I used cream card to cut out the topper. I create a frame  then welded some lettering together then to the frame. The flowers are a shape from the studio library again welded to the frame and lettering. I backed the frame with blue holographic mirri card stock and matted and layered the topper and mirri card to the cream card. I used some textured flower shapes from  my stash to adhere tot he card and added some gems to finish it off.
I hope she'll like it!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Like the welded type! The recipient will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.