"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

5 Jan 2014

Happy New Year!!

Hello everyone! I hope you had a great Christmas and may the New year bring you lots of happiness. I'm sorry I've not posted for a while Christmas preparations took over a bit. I haven't done a great deal of crafting over the Christmas period, I've just been occupied with the family and Christmas.

 I made a pencil holder to go with the book desk tidies I made a while back, its in the same style as the other books but just a bit taller and less wide.
I've also made a leaving album/card for a work colleague( previous boss). She isn't leaviing until March but I thought I'd get it done out of the way.
 As you can see I've cut 5 sheets of white card in the shape of her name. I then covered the card with pink Docraft paper on both sides. This stiffens the card up  nicely.
I distressed the edges of all the cards with some Worn Lipstich Distress ink.
On the front page  I've added some flowers I had in my stash, they are just layered with a gem in the middle.


 On the 'T' page I cut out a Fuscia flower by tattered lace and  adhered it to the page. I cut out the lettering and embossed it with an embossing folder that was run through my Bigshot and adhered to the page. I added a few gems to the lettering.
I also adhered some gems through the letter 'T' to give it some bling.

The 'E' page consists of a retirment poem I found n the net and printed out.  I cut out the shape and the mat using my Pazzles.
I embossed the top and bottom of the white page and added a small flower to give it some dimension. I distressed the shapes usng the same distress ink as before.







On the next two pages I cut out some callouts using my Pazzles and edged them with distress ink. I adhered them to the pages so that colleagues can write threir own contribution to the card. I added a few more flowers to give the whole card a theme.

On the last page I added a photo of the team as a memento of her time leading  the team .

I simply mated and layered the photo and adhered it to the page.
All I have to do now is make an envelope for it. The whole thing measures 10 1/2 x 8 inches so I'll have to work that envelope out.
 What crafty goodies did you get for Christmas?
I had a WRMK envelope punch, a Sewing Machine and some embossing tools in a lovely carry case. I've used the sewing machine to mend a bag and the Envelope maker but haven't used the embossing tools yet. Shame the card is too big to use the envelope maker. Never mind I'll use it for my next project which is an 80th Birthday card for my mother in law.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.