"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

19 Nov 2013

tree decorations

I have  really been inspired by the November edition of Craft Stampers magazine. Besides the advent calendar I also loved their tree decorations. I made 5 tonight using  my own papers and changing the designs to suit my taste too. The bottom centre decoration was the 1st two I made  which was similar to the magazine version. I cut out the circles using my Pazzles and mount board and  left over Graphic45 paper from the Nutcracker suite collection. Next I stamped out some holly using an old acrylic stamp I had in my stash and coloured it with my Promarkers in and adhered the buttons but I felt it looked a bit washed out.


Instead I used Versamark and black embossing powder on the next two and I think it looked better. I ran out of white buttons so used red instead and  for the 5th used some embellishments left over from the advent calendar. I'll make a few more to put on my tree.
 I'll have to make my eldest son's birthday card for Thursday........ I won't say how old he'll be but now I'm beginning to feel old!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.