"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

4 Nov 2013

Balloons

I've managed to complete a page in my art journal this evening. I had an image in my mind following the stormy weather we've had this week.

I did a kind f Zen tangle pattern on a blank page then coloured each shape in using different patterns and colours.  Onc that was done I used a 'Banksy' stencil to cover part of the page and covered the rest in black acrylic paint. Banksy is a  famous British graffiti artist who keeps his identity a secret.  I edged the shape with a white acrylic pen. That's a bit messy  buthey ho,  I just don't have a steady hand, well thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!
 The saying I heard when I went to a Ralf McTell concert and thought how lovely it was. I printed the words and cut them out. I adhered them to the page and edged them with Pitt pens to finish them off.

I've been commissioned to do a summery canvas so I'll have to start that soon.  Its funny how things turn out, for  while I struggled to know what to create then all of a sudden I have  a few things I want and need to get done..... will have to keep crafting this week......
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.