"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

3 Oct 2013

Christmas wreath Prototype (cutting file)

Well Peeps,  as promised here is the prototype of my Christmas wreath.

This one is about the size of a tea plate. I didn't want to make a bigger one yet in case it didn't work. I'm pleased with the way this turned out.
 I cut two circles with the centre cut out.






 Next I covered one circle with smaller  semi circles  with gaps to allow ribbon to be thread through the holes and tied. The split circles were put facing different directions to make a random pattern for the ribbon.

I used all the old green ribbon I had, most of which had been bought cheaply at Lidls supermarket ages ago. I threaded pieces of ribbon through the holes and knotted them on the other side. I added some red ribbon to represent some berries but I think I'll add some  embellishments like bells and large beads as well to give it more dimension

Finally I painted the second circle green (I'd use some white card at the start) and glued it to the underside of the wreath to keep the ribbons from working lose and to tidy the back and there you have it!
I have saved this file in .MTC, .SVG and .STUDIO format. You can download this zip file from HERE

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this file. I love it, it's such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.