"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

5 Oct 2013

Autumn/ Fall Journal Page (Cutting file)

Its all well and good thinking about Christmas and making cards but Autumn/Fall has only just started so I thought I'd do an Autumn journal page. I don't want to do a Halloween page because I think its more for children these days. I love how the leaves on the trees turn such gorgeous colours at this time of year. Back in the early part of summer I bought a packet of silk autumn leaves so now is the ideal time to use them.
I sprayed the page with green Dylusions ink and yellow Cosmic Shimmer. I used a circle stencil (home made) and green Ranger dauber paints to add smaller circles. Thee circles were edged with white and black pens. I adhered the silk leaves onto the page and left it to dry.
While it was drying I cut out the acorns from my files. They are free to download, the link is on the right hand side under cutting files or you can download it from HERE. I downloaded the pumpkin from the MTC gallery and cut it out from orange and brown cardstock. I used distress inks to add some shading and adhered the pumpkin to the page. Last Friday I won a box of chocolate at our local pub raffle so I adhere the raffle tickets to my page to finish it off. A simple but fun to do page.......
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.