"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

10 Sep 2013

Pazzles :-)

Hello again peeps!
I had a lovely relaxing time on holiday but I was a very naughty girl! I'm well known for enjoying a good bargain and this one was just too good to miss.  I spotted someone was selling a Pazzles cutting machine on a crafting forum. I mentioned it to hubby and he said, "Go for it!"  so I did LOL.
I made the seller an offer and it was accepted so I am now the proud owner of a Pazzles Inspiration and it was a great bargain to boot!!! It was delivered while I was still on holiday. It was murder waiting to go home from my holiday so I could play with it. It is second hand but it is like new. The mat has been used but it had lots of life left in it..... well it did until I cut right through it by mistake!! Thank goodness I'd ordered spare mats and blades.

I also bought the Make the Cut software to use with both the Pazzles and my Cameo. I spent a lot of the evenings of my holiday learning to use the MTC software. I think the Silhouette Studio software seems easier to use, but there again I'm more used to that.
I've been back to work the last two weeks so I haven't had much time to get a lot of crafting done but I have been trying to experiment with the settings  on the machine with some successes but lots of failures. I am improving though. 
I think the Cameo and Pazzles will compliment each other, I'll cut more intricate designs with the Cameo but cut thicker media with the Pazzles....... well that's the plan anyway.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. OOH, I was THISCLOSE to buying a Pazzles when I first explored electronic die cutters. Unfortunately, they didn't have their Payment Plan, so I just couldn't afford it at that time. I mistakenly went with Cricut via HSN.com and just totally regret THAT decision!

    My sister-in-law has a Pazzles and loves it. I do like the various things that can be done with it vs. the Cameo. I still love my Cameo (and my retired SD!) and wouldn't trade them for the world.

    I have Make the Cut as well as Sure Cuts A Lot (MTC & SCAL) but prefer to use Silhouette's Studio as well. I rarely work with layers, and if I do, it's usually just an offset in the Studio program.

    I am looking forward to your creations with your Pazzles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have been able to afford a new machine because they are so expensive but this one is less than two years old and there isn't a mark on it. It looks like new. I got it for a 3rd of the cost of a new one. I;m keeping my Cameo because I also love it. I'll enjoy working out what I can do with the Pazzles. I'm being very cautious at the moment....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.