I've decided to leave doing the grandson's albums for the crop I'm going to tomorrow. Instead I've had another play and trying new techniques in my art journal.
This time I tried some image transfer. This was much easier to do than I expected. I primed the page with some Gesso. While that was drying I used my inkjet printer and printed out a couple of pages of butterflies. I spread some Golden matte medium over the page in my journal then pressed the page of butterflies over the medium while it was still wet. I burnished the page for approximately a minute checking regularly to see if the ink transferred. Once it had, I peeled the butterfly page away leaving the print on the journal.
That created a background for the journal. I added some washi tape around the edge, some tissue paper and some light brown acrylic paint. I used a scrap of script paper and did another image transfer of another butterfly. I edged the ripped paper with some distress inks and adhered it to the centre of the page. I found a saying in a note book I have and distressed the edge and adhered it to the page to finsih it off. It wasn't until I'd adhered the date stamp I realised I'd put the wrong date but hey ho it'll have to say there now......
Now I'm off to babysit my other grandson.... its all babysitting this weekend!