"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

6 Jun 2013

Inky fairy

 I thought I'd have a break from the camera album because I'm waiting for my order for magnets to arrive and I still haven't chosen the paper for the lining. Instead I went back to my journal. I'm still trying out different techniques and tonight I used some of my Dylusions spray inks. I bought them quite a while ago, before Dyan Reavley joined Ranger so I'm surprised they still worked so well.
I tried the ghosting  technique. I sprayed the pages with water first then with yellow, magenta and blue ink. I let them blend into each other. I dabbed the excess ink away with some kitchen paper.
I then chose a sun ray stencil I'd made previously and placed it on the page and sprayed with water again. I lifted the stencil and let the ink react to the water then again dabbed the water away. This lifted the ink that was exposed to the water. This left a ghost pater of the sun ray. I dried it all and then used my script stencil and sprayed with blue ink to leave some lettering in the odd spots around the pages. Once dried I sprayed  some cosmic shimmer mist through the sun ray stencil to give a bit of sparkle and add more dimension. I edged some of the rays with white gel pen to make them stand out a bit more. I cut out my fairy using my cameo and edged her with white gel pen. and adhered her to my page using matte gel medium. I stamped a few other fairies  and some textured background stamps. Some of the fairies were very very tiny so you might not see those............
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.