"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

19 Jun 2013

Camera finished ( Cutting file)

Hello Friends!
I haven't blogged for a while, its a busy time of year in work with masses of reports to write and parents to meet so I haven't crafted as much as I'd like.  I find this time of year  busy but rewarding.  It's so nice to see the dyslexic children make progress, I see how  hard they work  and it so nice to see their faces light up when I tell them how well they've done.
I've virtually finished my camera album. I adhered the magnets to the sides and back and they work great.  I inserted the tags inside the small front pockets .
I dont want to add anymore embellishments to the pages because that is something I want to do on holiday.
I made some charms from shrink plastic and added them to the chain at the front. I just stamped a camera and people onto the plastic using Stazon and then heated the plastic to shrink it. I did remember( for a change)  to create a hole before I heated it!! I also added an old earringas an embellishment.
 I need to find some nice thin paper to line the inside of the side panels. I tried to adhere the same paper as the rest of the lining but  it was too thick and the magnets wouldn't work. That did surprise me because they are very strong magnets.  The side panels don't look very nice on the inside so I'll have to do that pretty soon.
I also adhered some Tim Holtz/Ranger film strip to the back. I think the back needs somethig else but I'm not sure what yet. It still looks a bit bare. I might just wait ad see what things I can pick up on holiday.
Oh yes, before I forget, if you would like to download the cutting file for the camera album you can do so HERE!!. The only piece thats not there is the side panels and as they are regular rectangle I'm sure you can easily cut that out to fit.......
If you like the album or download the file please leave a comment . Thanks.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Sheridan. A fab freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your camera album is incredible, so many wonderful details. You are a true artist! I enjoyed reading about your work with dyslexic children-what great work you do! Thank you or the cutting file.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely *Love Love Love* this project! Have you thought about a piece of thin fabric to place over the side pieces to neaten up the area? You could fold the edges of the fabric and use some fabric glue to "stitch" it then adhere it to the side panels. Just a thought.

    Cannot wait to play with the cut file! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy smokes Jann! This is absolutely gorgeous and how ambitious, lol. I loooove it, love it!

    I wish we could craft together too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a good idea Jann.I'll try that. I don't do complicated so this album is much easier to make than it actually looks. It's a basic album turned on its side. it's the shape of the pages that makes it look more complicated.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.