"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

20 Jun 2013

A touch of She Art

 Another page for my journal. This is a mixture of Inktense water colour pencils which gave the pink, purple and teal background . Once I'd brushed oevr the colour with water I let it dry. Next I spread strips of Mod Podge onto the page and pressed strips of ripped pages from a book onto the adhesive. I burnished it for a minute then gently pulled the paper away. Some of the strips remained leaving pieces of text to the page. I then used sequin waste and a circular stencil and stippled acrylic paints all over the page. I had a bit of printed tissue lft from another project so I adhered them to the page too.I used various stamps and stamped patterns to the background using Stazon Ink.
I cut out the girl and her dress from scraps of paper in my stash. I coloured her hair using brown and black Faber-Castel Pitt pens.
I finished the page off with some rub-ons and a sentiment saying , "Be proud, you  have full control over whatever you do." I just used the print from the book pages.

I have an idea for the next mini albums I want to try. They are a lot more personal than previous ones if they work out. However I want to play a bit more with my journal first. There is a technique I want to try out so watch this space........
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.