"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

27 May 2013

The journey of ART

 I'm really focused on my art journaling at the moment. This is another page I've painted. I don't know that I should cal it journaling because I rarely write anything really personal in them but I do enjoy messing about  with paints and inks.
Anyway, I adhered some random letters I'd previously cut using my Cameo. I just used cardboard (chipboard) from a cereal packets to make them. Once dry  I covered the page with Gesso.
Next I covered the page with yellow and gold ochre acrylic paint. I used the left over card from cutting the letters as a stencil and sprayed some nutmeg Dylusions paint. I tore up an old map and adhered some pieces to the page and went over it again with a watered down paint.
I added more texture by stippling paint through various stencils objects  like punchinella.
I touched up the letters with green paint and then used a Papermania set of traveling themed stamps and stamped all over the page. I made my own Washi tape by stamping some masking tape then using strips of it to write on. Unfortunately `I used some pigment ink rather than Stazon so it doesn't show up as well as I'd hoped. It looked better nice I edged the tape with green paint. I finished it off by adhering the last word from cut out letters.
The page is OK but not one of my best. Still its all about drying out different things. Some work, some don't.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.