"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

15 May 2013

Rainbow

Its been raining a lot this week and after a staff meting the rain stopped and out came the most lovely rainbow. It inspired me to do another journal page.
How did I do this page?
First I covered it with Gesso and then used drippage to create the columns of colours. I used watered down acrylic paint for this because I don't have  a good range of colours in other types of paint.
Once the paint was dry I adhered some washi tape along some of the coours and stamped patterns on the background and along the edges of some of the colours.
Next I made a raindrop stencil and used it to cover the page with raindrops made from molding paste.

Next I cut out the wording and the heart using my Cameo machine and ran some white gel pen along the words, and heart, to add some more interest. I found a paperclip in the shape of a hand and added it to the page to make it lok as if the hand was holding the heart in place.

What to do next? I think I'll try another small mini album using a shaped used for cards. I want to try it to see if it works out......

Photobucket

2 comments:

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.