"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

28 May 2013

Life is art

 Yes its another page in my journal. This time I was trying out the cling film and paint technique. You're suppose to cover your page with paint then crinkle cling wrap over it and leave it to dry and it gives a lovely crinkled paper effect. I used pink, blue and purple paint to the page. I think I added too much paint because I didn't get the crinkled look. I did get a nice mottled coloured look though.
Once the background had dried I used a doily and stippled some gold paint on top of the background.
Next I drew circles using Liquitex acrylic red and white ink and let them drip. I stamped a Donna Downey stamp of flowers on the small page. I 'd made  the word ART stamp from some thin foam and adhered the letters to some acetate, I stamped that on the page, with a cut out word LIFE, the word is was just from a lettering sheet I had handy. I finished the pages off with drawing around the edges of the letters ad adding some spots of black ink .

I'm going to stick with painting  for my next project. I'm going to make the bigger version of the vase of flowers. Its going to be a challenge because I haven't used this size canvas before.....

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.