"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

8 May 2013

Let it grow!

Since I bought some new paints I thought I ought to start using them. I'm enjoying doing some art journaling at the moment. I think this  page is one of my favourties so far.
 The photo doesn't show how bright the colours really are. The other photo I took had patches of shine reflecting off the light so it was even worse than this picture!The background consists of some Ranger tissue paper and green acrylic paint. Ran my home made texture roller over the page while the paint was wet so its left a bit of  texture. I stippled some white paint over some punchinella  and laid a pomegranate stencil onto the page and spread some fine molding paste to give dimension. I rubbed some areas with teal paint to soften the white paste. I cut out the flowers from paper in my stash ( sorry I can't remember the make) and adhered them to the page with the old faithful Mod Podge.  the flowers are a bright pink and orange in colour. Finally I added some scribbles and a few rub on. I want to put some wording saying something like "let your creative spirit grow" but my printe r is playing up so that'll have to wait.............
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.