"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

3 May 2013

Hybrid album continued...

 Today has been a good day. Work was great, if a little busy and it was a good afternoon crafting.

I covered over some of my wobbly edges by punching some strips of patterned paper and adhering the m to the edges of my cover. This is a picture of the back of the album. Despite it being a repair I think it set the cover off quite nicely.
I'm still using the Martha Stewart paper for the album.

Next I matted all the side pockets and the centre pockets.

 As you can see the side pockets overlap and looking at the photo I realise I need to add some more glue to the edges of some of the mats!

I alternated the papers  so each set of pockets co-ordinate with each other. The centre pockets have my favourite patterns so far.


Next I need to make the inserts to go inside the pockets. I'm not sure how I want to shape them yet. I'll have to have  a think about that and try out a few options.... a good excuse to have a play with the Cameo  hehehe

I also want to try  a page in my home made journal. I have a hankering to do something related to peacocks but I'm not sure what yet.  I can't draw for toffee so I doubt I'll do a whole peacock... maybe a peacock feather????

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.