"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

2 Apr 2013

Spring- daffodil cutting file

In between coughing I managed to paint a picture over the last couple of days. I used mainly acrylic paints. I painted it all blue to begin with then used the same Donna Downey Stencil I used in my journal in a darker blue paint to create a pattern in the centre. Next I used a home made stencil of tiny holes to spread a light blue molding paste over the canvas in patches.
Next I used another home made stencil, made up of diamond shapes, to make green metallic shapes on the bottom half of the canvas. I then used different textured materials  e.g not slip matting, doilies, stamps to add more texture and colour to the canvas.

I cut out the vase, and daffodils from a cutting file I made in the Studio software using different paper and assembled them onto the page with Mod Podge.
I added some rub ons as well. I shaded some areas using the Faber-Castell Pitt pens.
Its not finished yet, I need to go back and do some more shading when the  canvas is dry and the inks don't smudge so much. I need to darken the centre of the daffodils and shadow around the vase.

If you would like the daffodil on a vae cutting file yu can download it from HERE


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I will have to put the 4 together and take a pic once i have the daffs, all 4 seasons together!xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.