"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

12 Apr 2013

Poppies

I'm really getting back into my journaling again. I think its because I've bought some better quality resources. I treated myself to some better paints in February and recently bought some Gelatos and a couple of Liquitex paints..... oooo I do love experimenting with them!! I love the geloatos and I think I'l be investing in a few more liquitex paints because I love the colours and the texture of them.
Today I used green and blue  liquitex paints and a plastic loyalty card to spread the two colours over  the page.
 I wasn't sure what I wanted to be the main focus when I spotted my novelty pencil and holder. Its made of wood with the flower and stalk being the pencil. I love the colours and thought I'd use that as an inspiration on one side of the page. I used a mixture of acrylic paints, Pt brush pens and and gelatos to create the flower heads. I'm not  impressed with my flowers because they are suppose to look like poppies but think they look more like ... errr ....goodness knows what kind of flower. I like the leaves though. I stamed some hearts and flowers with some Stazon and a script background stamp.  I also used the plastic circle at the end of my ATG tape refills to stamp circles
One the other side I cut out some hearts from some scrap paper. The envelope is the one that I spilled some ink over the other night. I adhered the envelop to the page and topped it with the hearts. The black heart is an actual embellishment I found on the floor in the street.

I stamped a quote that says "What I make with my hands I give with my heart" to finish it off.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I think your flowers look like red marigolds!!! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I didn't think they looked like poppies LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.