"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

30 Apr 2013

I'm back!

I'm finally feeling a lot better. I must have been run down because I went straight from one infection to a virus then to another infection and so on for a few weeks. It was an enforced break from crafting.

Its two years today I started blogging so a huge thank you to all you lovely people who have been visiting my blog. I've really appreciated your comments and visits.

A few days ago I bought some very large sheets of water colour paper because I wanted to make my own journal book. I watched and followed a video by Teesha More where she made her own journal. You can follow her directions HERE if you want to make your own journal book. Here is a photo of the one I made.  You'll have to excuse the quality of the photo but I've mislaid my camera so had to take the picture with my ipad. Some of the pages fold back and I added a few additional insertions to make it more interesting.
It didn't take long to make and it gave me the incentive to finish the last page of my old journal.


I layered yellow then orange acrylic paint onto the background. Next I used some underlay from having the bathroom tiled to stamp the grid using brown paint. I used some brown gelato to rub around each square to give it some dimension. I typed out the saying  and adhered it to the page. I rubbed some green gelato around the edges of the words and page then dabbed some yellow Ranger paint dabber on tp to blend in the words. I stamped the date onto a small tag and stapled it to the corner of the page.

It's nice to get back to doing something at last....

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.