"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

17 Feb 2013

Owl revamped

I decided to give my blog a bit of a spring clean and make a few changes. I hope you like the new look!
The owl mixed media canvas I did last week has been bugging me. The more I looked at it the less I liked it grrrrr .....  soooooo...... I decided to redo the background.I used diferent shades of grey acrylic paint to cover the background. It starts lighter on the right hand side and gradually gets darker towards the right. It doesn't show up very well on the photo but it is clear to see in real life....... honest!!


Next I just flicked white paint over the canvas to indicate snow and added some texture by stamping with some non slip matting. I know it sounds strange but if you brush a little paint over the material it gives a lovely textured finish patches of canvas.
Next I tore a circle of paper from the Papermania newsprint collection ad adhered it to the canvas I lightly brushed  around the "moon to give a hazy effect.

I finished it off with a few rub ons. What do you think? Is it better or worse than the first attempt?

I've also  started my next project. I bought one of those
sectioned boxes from Papermania, This box has different compartments  and the kit came with different kins of hearts.  To be honest, I bought the wrong one and because I was too lazy to go back to the shop and get the right one I decided to work on this one instead! 



All I did was cover one of the hearts with red and black tissue paper. I don't  want this to be very feminine and lovey dovey but I do love this paper. I simply coated the heart with decoupage glue and covered it with the thin paper. I want to paint the next piece, a heart shaped picture frame,  to look a bit metallic.

It's going to be work in progress through out this week and I hope to finish it at the Chepstow Crafters crop on Saturday.
Ohhhh...  its back to work tomorrow .....sighs... less time to do any crafting :-(
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I prefer this one - with a different background, the owl is the main focus now and I really notice the lovely expression on his face :) LOVE LOVE the 'misty moon' effect :)

    Thank you too, very much, for nominating my Pockets and Pages blog for a Leibster award - how lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.