"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

14 Feb 2013

Ladybird (bug) Birthday Card

Even though I've got the week off from work I don't seem to have had  much time for crafting. It took me ages to defrost the freezer yesterday!Today I spent some time at the Crafty Friends group then went to help my son because his car broke down. ..... Oh..... Yes ..........Happy Valentines Day!!
Anyway, my daughter  doesn't like my owl painting so its back to the drawing board for that one. I'm beginning to have an idea in mind but I'll have to work it out before I start another canvas........

In the meantime I decided to make my great niece's first birthday card.
I used A4 card folded in half. I matted the base with  two pieces of paper from the Dovecraft Garden Party (6in x6in) collection. I don't usually buy 6 x 6 papers so it must have come as a free gift in a magazine.
A strip of ribbbon across the centre hid the join of the two papers.
The ladybird girl is a digistamp from Little Scraps of Heaven blog spot which is free to download. I transferred it to My Studio software and coloured it in digitallt. I then used the print and cut option to cut the girl out several times. I decoupaged the goirl and adhered her to the card with foam pads. I added some red gems  on her antenae and some Glossy Accents on the black dots and eyes to give some added dimension.
I also cut out the wording using my Cameo. The wording says 'Happy Birthday Alys' in the welsh language.
I punched out two circles with an ordinary hole punch and added some black dots and some trails with white gel pen. I rounded off the corners with the scalloped corner chomper and there you have the card!
I bought two  ceramic tiles yesterday so what am I going to do with those??? Watch this space.....................
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.