"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

11 Feb 2013

Granny's little helper

Yesterday was a chill out day after a busy few days with friends visiting and a day with the grandchildren. I did manage to grab a spare hour, in the evening, to craft.
I made a 12 x 12 page layout to go inside the grand childrens' album. I used paper from my stash. I've had this paper for ages so can't remember where I got it from. I matted a strip of hounds tooth pattern paper down one side. I used the Cameo to cut another mat that was a diamond lattice design to go on top of the strip. I also use the Cameo to print and cut some kitchen utensils and apron as embellishments.
I matted the photos with blue Bazzil textured cardstock.
The lettering is my own handwriting. I wrote the words on a piece of paper then scanned it into my computer. I imported it to he Studio software, traced it and cut it out. I thought it would be nice to have my own handwriting on the layout.
Once I'd assembled the page I wrote the journaling on the apron and adhered that to the page.
I have a hankering to do some painting next. It'll be for my daughter who has  summer and autumn  canvases but I need some inspiration to do a winter themed canvas. Time to put my thinking cap on!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.