"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

15 Feb 2013

Celebration tile

Tonight it was time to do something different. My daughter in law end me a photo frame that had detail of a birth, I thought it would be a good idea to do something similar on a ceramic tile using vinyl.

This is what I did. I used different colour vinyl and different fonts to create the writing. I don't have a wide range of colours in vinyl so some of the words don't stand out as well as I'd hoped. I cut a map of where my grandson was born and adhered it to the tile. Next I covered it with crackle glaze. I don't know why but the crackle glaze didn't crack and went a little opaque. I don't think there is anything I can do to change that so it is what it is. I think I'll run some Stazon ink around the edge of the tile just to make the words pop  a bit.
That's all for now folks! Have a great day crafting.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I follow your blog daily but don't comment- and I should, you do lovely work. I've nominated you for a Liebster award (details on my blog http://ailego.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/the-liebster.html) as I think you deserve it!xxx Keren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Karen that's very kind of you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.