"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

22 Jan 2013

gatefold 60th card (dog cutting file)

Its hubby's best friends 60th Birthday next week an he asked me to make a card for him.
Hhhhmm..... there seems to be a lot of big birthdays coming up this year... not mine ... yet!!!
So what did I do? first I used a gatefold card cutting file I downloaded from Monica's Creative Room. She has lots of gatefold cards you can download for free so its well worth a visit to her site.
I embossed the inside with a brick effect folder  Sizzix I think) and rubbed some grey distress ink lightly over the raise bits to give a wron wall effect. Next i usd a wood effect embossing folder to give a wood effect to the front "fence". 

This was rubbed with brown Distress ink. I cut some "grass" from a Silhouette file from my library and adhered those to the base of the fence. Next I used the Cameo to cut out the welded lettering using "Black Castle" font.
I rubbed the lettering with Versamark and heat embossed them with Holographic embossing powder and added them to the back of the card.
Because hubby's friend has a dog I created a one like his  and cut it out. I cut a separate ear and added that to the dogs head with  a foam pad. I covered the dog with little strokes of black accent and left that dry. I made his eye by dropping some black accent onto a drop of white accent.
A thin strip of scrap paper made the collar.
You can download the labrador dog file HERE

I also changed the topper for hubby's card. If you read previous posts you'll know I was trying  2 different topper designs. Well this is the one I finally decided to go with. Its worked out well because he's decided he wants a new guitar for his birthday so this card is perfect for him!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. thank you for sharing all your fantastic files...it is much appreciated...

    Huga and happy crafting

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.