It's my hubby's big birthday in a couple of weeks and I thought I'd try to make a card for him. I spent lats night trying to design a card that had a guitar attached to happy Birthday, I also wanted his name on the card too. Out came Studio software and I spent last night trying to fit the number 60 and his name inside the guitar. It took me absolutely ages to get those inside the guitar maintaining the instrument shape. I managed it by offseting the shape, made it a compound shape and then welding the numbers and words inside. Next I typed out happy birthday, and welded the letters together and then welded again to make the whole topper. I didn't know how the topper would look once it was on the card so I did card to see what it would look like. I cut it out of mirri card and then embossed it with my Bigshot and Happy Birthday embossing folder ( I think the folder is a Docrafts one but can't be totally sure).
I matted some Tim Holtz Ideology paper to some plain blue cardstock (stash) after distressing the edge of the card with Stormy Sky Distress Ink ( Ranger). I stamped some music score onto the paper. That didn't come out very clear but it has added something to the background. I adhered the topper using foam pads to give it some dimension. It looked a bit too shiny next to the background so I rubbed some black acrylic paint over the mirri card to age the lettering slightly. That looked a lot better. Next I used my Cameo to cut out some music score which I adhered to the top of the card.
I'm pleased with the overall effect but I'm disappointed that hubby's name is not easy to see on the fret part of the guitar. I'm gooing to see if I can redesign the guitar so his name is clearer. Back to the drawing board to make some adjustments!!
If you would like the cutting file for this or the redesigned one let me know and I'll remove hubby's name and offer the files in a future post.