Well I finally got the tags finished. his is the first time I'veever followed a project for a whole year and completed it!
If you've been following Tim Holtz's project you'll notice my tag is slightly different. The wording is at the top of the tag instead of the bottom. That's because I didn't take a second look at his tag before I started mine. I put the snowman in the centre of the tag and decided my tag was too big and trimmed it off.... errrr ... ummmm ... too much at the bottom (blooper!!!) .....so I had no choice to swap things around a bit.
I cut out the second snowman and coloured him in using the distress pens. I distressed the background with peacock blue distress ink and adhered him with foam pads. I cut out the snowflake from a silhouette file and used the font to cut out the wording. I added some extra snowflake confetti to make it more interesting. They are a metallic blue in colour but the silver mirri board wording and snowflakes don't show up as shiny in the photo.
I adhered it to black coordinate paper and rubbed off the top to show the underneath. I preferred the black because it makes more of a contrast to the front tag. The music 'tape' is some sheet music I printed off, cut into strips and distressed with stormy blue distress ink
I added two gems to the centre of the larger snowflake and the j in joy. I didn't have any thin tinsel so I used thin white ribbon instead.
I actually prefer it like this... well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!
The next project will be the gingerbread house box I'll be making in the class at the Chepstow Pink Scrapper crop on Saturday.