"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

10 Dec 2012

November Tag (acorn cutting file)

Tonight I finally got around to completing the November tag for 12 tags in 2012. As usual I didn't do it exactly  as Tim but I'm pleased with it. I run my tag through a wood effect embossing folder and rubbed some frayed burlap over the card to get the wood effect. I cut out the wheat from white card and adhered it to the card. Next I cut out some tattered leaves from scraps I had in my scrap paper box. I created the acorn in my silhouette software and cut out. I edged them with orange ( Marigold) and Frayed Burlap distress inks. I used my distress pens to edge the acorn and define the lines between the shapes. I didn't like the plain white of the wheat so I lined them with a distress pen think it was antique paper colour. I adhered the acorn with foam pads to give the tag some dimension. I found some wooden leaves I'd bought from the Range store a while ago. I added them because I felt they tied in with the wheat. I cut out the wording using my Cameo and adhered that to the tag to finish the tag off.

If you would like the acorn cutting file you can download it from HERE


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful tag. I will enjoy making itThank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.