"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

2 Dec 2012

Gingerbread card( cutting files)

I've made two more cards a!! I've used a gingerbread card file I downloaded from the internet. Beanpole had kindly offered it free at Ukscrappers. You can find it HERE.The card on the right was made in a similar way to Beanpoles. I cut the card using pealised cardstock. I then matted a plain red paper to the inside of the card and added white accent 'snow'. I used some free stickers to decorate the top of the house. I made the reindeerin Studio and cut them out  of some paper from my stash.. The sentiment was  also from my stash. You're wondering how I adhered the reindeer with such delicate horns aren't you? Weeellll..... I used my Xyron and very slowly and carefully pressed them onto the card.That took very little time to complete.

The ginger bread card was a different matter. I cut one card from plain white card stock and another from Kraft Cardstock. I cut up the white cottage and used the pieces to create a snow covered roof and sills. I then used various papers including Graphic 45 Nutcracker  collection to cut out the gingerbread men, poles and roof. I used some from my stash for the rest. I adhered each piece to make it look like a gingervead house.I sed distress and gel pens to create the bricks on the chimney and other details. I found a tree topper in my stash ( most of  my Christmas stickers came free in magazines over the years).
This card took me an evening and a haldf to complete. I think a lot of time was spent choosing what paper went with each . That took me ages.

If you would like the reindeer cutting file you can down load it from HERE. Just be very careful removing the reindeer from your mat and when you stick it to your card because the haorns are very thin and delicate.

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? I started yesterday. Are you going to get anything carftuy for Christmas?? I'm not sure if I wnt anything at the moment but I'm sure I'll change my mind in the next 3 weeks!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.