"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

11 Dec 2012

December Tag 1

Tonight I got on with the tag for December as part of the 12 tags of 2012  Tim Holtz project.

There are two tags for December but I only did one tonight. It took me longer than I anticipated. I don't know why, but I seemed to work very slowly tonight.

I coloured the tag with fired brick and gold distress inks.. I don't have the stains. Next I cut the words and the poinsettia dies. I coloured the petals with Burned Brick and peeled paint inks then adhered them together with Pinflair silicone gel. I Embossed the words with clear embossing powder and adhered them to the ticket. I distressed the edges with Distress tool and ink. I layered them all up and sprayed them with a touch of Glimmer mist to give it a bit of a shine. Finally I added some embellishments and adhered the tag to a blue textured card that had been edged with burlap distress ink.
Looking at the picture I think I need to trim the back card a bit more, there's too much showing. I can do that tomorrow.

How are you all getting on with your Christmas  preparations? I've just got two more presents to buy now.. thank goodness for online shopping is what I say.. especially after going to the shops yesterday evening..... my feet were killing me by the time I got home LOL.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, Sheridan. I think you are right with regards to the back card. Even just tearing it close to the layer above then inking the exposed core would be an interesting look to it. Just remember to tear from the top downward to see more of the core exposed on the front side. I hope that made sense!!

    Ready for Christmas?! Um...no way, no how!! I still have to complete holiday cards and mail them. Our tree has ONE bauble on it. I think I need a holiday fairy to assist me!!

    Like you say, than goodness for online shopping!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.