"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

4 Nov 2012

Me & my cuz!

I've been trying to make this layout for about a week and I'm still not sure whether I like it or not. The babies are my two grandsons.
I tried to cover the daisy pattern with some Matt Accents, I dont know what went wrong but it didn't turn out well. If anything it dulled the colour of the flowers so I cut out some daisies with my Cameo and dabbed some mustard seed distress ink in the centre of eac flower. I cut out the lettering and adhered them to the centre of some daisies to create the title and hide some of the ones in the pattern. I also wrote some brief journaling inside some of the flower centres.
I cut out the teddy bear frame and matted it with some dark red paper to highlight the shapes inside the frame. I filled in the teddies with Glossy accents which worked out really well. The frame was then matted onto some white card.
That was adhered to the background. I finished it off with a little dog paper clip.

Its hard to believe that the baby on the left is the older one by 5 weeks! He was 5 lb 11 oz when he was born but the baby on the right is 9lb 12 oz  and is only a wek old in the photo.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.