"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

13 Nov 2012

Great Nanny Album

I've been busy the last two evenings making a baby album for my mother in law, who is the great nanny of my grandsons.

With two babies being born so close together I thought it best to do a double album. I did this by doing concertina pages on each side of the album. This is my own design. I used what was left of the "Animal Antics"paper collection.

One mini album was adhered to the  front cover and the other to the back to when the album is opened there are two mini albums inside. I simply matted and layered the photos on both sides of each page and added a few embellishments. I kept the pages fairly simple and easy to see because my mother in law has poor eye sight.

I  allowed a 1/4inch space at each fold to allow space for embellishments so the pages wouldn't bulge and distort the album.I'm pleased with this because it works well and the album doesn't bulge at all.
I covered some cardboard from a dishwasher tablet box for the cover and created a tape to slot under a  tab as a fastening.

 I'm surprisd how quickly I finished this album, it took me just two evenings from start to finish. I am gong to visit her on Thursday so I'll be able to give it to her then.

Now, I'm not sure what I want to do for my next project. I should make some Christmas cards but I'm not enthusiastic about it this year. I usually do this task with my mother but she isn't with us  now, so the thought of doing cards without her is making me feel very sad.
Christmas is going to  bitter sweet this year. The firt without my Mum but also the frst with my new grandsons!!


Oh I know what I need to do... I've got to make the little diner jacket bags for the men for the dinner table gifts!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.