"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

29 Nov 2012

Christmas card toppers (Cutting file)

Hello fellow crafters and friends.
Diverticulitis has kept me from my crafting this past week but its good to get back to sticking and cutting again tonight.
I've not been very enthusiastic about making Christmas cards this season because it was a project I used to share with my mother. She was a keen, gifted crafter and in the last few years she found things difficult and card making was something we could do given her reduced limitations. It just doesn't feel the same now she's not here.

Well, I thought, I've got to pull myslef together because my crafty friends will be expecting some sort of home made card so I made a start tonight. These are what I made.

The centre card is very very  simple I just layered the card with some background papaer from my stash and adhered some thickers and a chipboard sentiment. I might add a border, some glitter or some snowflake  confetti once the glue has dried. Its the last card I made tonight. I started getting clumsy and kept dropping the cards so ... .. now's the time to stop!
The other two were made in a similar way to each other.
I made  a Christmas tree branch shape and cut masses of them out with my Cameo. It was a good exercise on learning how to use the nodes in Studio software!! Again I just used green  patterned paper from my stash. I cut out a triangle  and circle from plain cardstock and adhered the 'branches' in layers to form the tree and wreath.  I added red and gold stickles glitter glue to form berries and baubles.  I drew a door on the green card to form a door shape  then adhered the wreath and tree to each card. I added a snowflake embellishment to the tree as a star and a glitter chipboard snowflake to the centre of the wreath. I added a red bow and button to the bottom of the wreat and  a hanging string from bakers twine to the top.
The tree card was finished off with a felt green band on the bottom of the card and drawn gold lines around the edge. Both cards had a sentiment added to finish it off. ...... .Oh yes,  I rounded the corners of the tree card with my corner chomper.

This is the shape of the branch. If you would like the cutting file for this  you can download it from HERE .
It is a very delicate shape as you can see from the close up picture so make sure your cutting mat isn't too sticky or you might have problems removing it.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. WOWZA, Sheridan! THOSE branches are awesome! I can't wait to play with this file! Thank you. I hope your DV calms down soon. My mom has diverticulosis, which isn't so bad...but she finds it frustrating that all the best things for you--fruits/veggies with seeds just really aggrevate her system. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your work, it is really appreciated

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.