"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

6 Nov 2012

Autumn


I haven't painted a picture for a few months and I thought it was time to return to getting covered in paint and Mod Podge!.
This is a mixed media "funky autumn" canvas. First I coated the canvas with clear Gesso to seal it then I tore strips if  green patterned paer and adhered  them onto the canvas using Mod Podge (Matt). Next I used a leaf stencil template from 'That Special Touch'  and  autumn colours acrylic paint to colour the background then used some stamps and  sequine waist to add some additional texture. The  vertical lines  at the bottom of the picture were made with some corrugated card.
Next I cut out the tree and some leaves, fruit ( the round shapes) and heart shapes and layered them onto the canvas. I added the hearts to show I love Autumn. I drew around them and  added some dimension using Pitt pigment pens.

I sprayed the hole canvas with some yellow perfect pearls spray to give it some  sheen to represent  the start of  the frost season. I finished the canvas off with a few rubons to add even more dimension.

I started it yesterday and had to stop because the grandkids came to visit. I finished the painting  this evening. I was worried the  tree didn't stand out well fromt he background but in real life the background is  a bit paler and more yellow in colour. I thought it would take me longer but I am pleased to get it finished.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.