"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

5 Oct 2012

 It's been a great afternoon crafting with my Crafty Friends group. My daughter came too, I think she enjoyed  making her cards. It gave her something to do to take her mind of  the imminent birth of her son....... baby is due in two days!!!

I made this card . It's another Tina Fitch file that I cut out on my Cameo and assembled at the crop. I just love her intricate designs and they are always a huge hit when you give the cards to friends.

I personalised the by altering the sentiment in the centre to give the recipient's name and ..... her age!!
I'm not sure she'll appreciate her age being plastered over the card but  she'll love the rest of it lol.

I uesed pink Bazzil cardstock for most of the card and cream pearlised card for the matting of the centre pieces. The mats were adhered with foam pads to give some dimension.

I used Promarkers to colour the flowers in the corners to give the card some depth. I finished it off by adding a few pearls and  gems to tie in all the colours.

I think Tina's designs really highlights what the Silhouette/ Craft Robo machines can cut. There is no way would I be able to cut something like this with a craft knife.

Now I have to make a box to put it in.

 Much as I look forward to these babies coming  my last few months seems to have dominated my crafting.lol. I have to say that its been lovely to make something that is not baby related.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.