"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

28 Oct 2012

Another Top Hat!

Time for another Top Hat project. I enlarged the template on this hat so it is about twice as large as the original one.
I have remembered who designed this Hat, its Kim Costello and the hat was originally published in the Craft Stamper magazine. You can download the template for the hat from the magazine templates page  HERE.

 I cut out the template from a single sheet of  double sided card stock (12 x12) from my stash. I made it up in the same way as the last one. This basically consist of adhering the sides of the hat and lacing the eyelets to form the cylinder. Cutting out the brim and adhering it to the  hat. I added a row of beads to form the hat ribbon.I added some green Stickles glitter to the leaves to give a bit of bling. Got to have a bit of bling for Christmas!! I  made another stand and painted it with pewter acrylic paint.

 I then decorated it with holly leaves cut from a Fiskars holly leaf punch and some red beads I'd bought from a local cheap shop. I adhered the leaves using a glue gun because it fixed very quickly allowing me to move o to the next section of the stand and hat.
I finished it off by stippling some white acrylic paint over the top of the hat, brim and over some of the leaves.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. wow this is stunning is there a tutorial for this thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry there wasn't a tutorial for this. I learned to do it via a class at my local crop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.