"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

10 Sep 2012

September Tag

With all the things that hae been going on this past week I almost forgot it was September and time to do the Tim Holtz September tag. Tim's website seems to be down so I couldn't see exactly what he'd done. I found an image so worked on the tag from his image on the web.

I used some metallic insulating tape to cover the tag. I textured the foil by running  pieces through different embossing folders prior to adhering to the tag. I brushed some pewter coloured acrylic paint over the tag  and wiped off the excess.
Next I ripped some Papermania Book Print paper and distressed it with some antique linen ink before layering it on top of the tag.
I cut a typewriter from Tim Holtz die and then turned to my Cameo. I cut out my own cogs and film strip from black card.
I also cut a number 3 using a typewriter font. These were all adhered to the tag. I typed out and printed the text in Word and again used a typewriter font. I cut out the wording and curled the edges before adhering it on top of the typewriter.
I finished it off with some black ribbon fixed with a brad from Stampin Up.
I haven't  put much of my own design into the project because my head is still full of pages I want to do about the baby, but I wanted to do something different for now. I need to come up with some ideas for some layouts.

The cutting file for the cogs is  listed in the cutting file section of this blog. I'll post the file for the film strip tomorrow, I can't do it now because I'm using a different computer to the one with the file.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Very neat, I like how the paper comes out of the typewriter an is slightly curled.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.