"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

11 Sep 2012

Playing with embossing powder and glitter

 Tonight I just played about with  some gilding flakes, glitter and embossing powders.

I made the green card with  a tree acrylic "Stamp by Chloe" and used gilding flakes . I tried adding some  gold embossing powder by drawing a few strokes with an embossing pen and  some gold powder  over a few of the snowflakes" The results were ok but not brilliant. I finished it off with some gems.

The second small red card  I stamped  with some Versamark and covered with gold embossing powder. I tried to add some coarse glitter to it and reheated the embossing powder. Again it wasn't great, the glitter was too coarse and didn't stick very well. Next I brushed some perfect pearls over it and reheated it. It turned the gold  to a silver colour. Like the other one I finished it off with some red gems and peel offs around the edge.The gems  certainly lifted the card.
The large was stamped with another Stamps by Chloe, this time a star shape.  Now I mixed  gold embossing powder, fine gold glitter a pinch of perfect pearls and some clear holographic embossing powder all together. I stamped with Versamark again and covered it with the mixture. The result was great the  image remained fine but had a lovely fine sparkle to it.  I coloured some clear gems green using some green Promarkers and adhered them tot he star, I also added a few red gems too. I did add some peel off words but I don't like them. I expect I'll just cut out the star and use it as a topper eventualy.

My experiments had mixed results but it was just so much fun messing about.
Oh ne piece of advice.... don't wear black trousers when using glitter and powder, black shows up every tiny little speck!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.