"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

18 Sep 2012

Graduation Layouts

It's been so busy in work an at home I haven't had much time to do any crafting. Things should quieten down in a few weeks ......... hopefully!
I made two layouts for my son's graduation this evening. I used "Smilebox" to create a digital centre  piece. I then mated and layered the photo with greeny/beige paper then plain blue linen textured card stock. The blue is Bazill  cardstock. The background card is from the A La  Creme collection. I adhered some black and white ribbon around the edge of the mat and tied a bow in the corner and fixed the bow with a Stamping Up brad.
 I cut out some "ric rac" strips from cream pearlised  and black card.. I edged the cream ric rac with Shabby Shutter distress ink and adhered it to the  mat. I added a flower I had hanging around and changed the centre to a SU brad. I adhered the black ric rac so that it would be in line with the cream ric rac. I cut a strip of striped paper and layered it horizontally across the background. I then adhered the photo and mat to the background so that everything lined up. I distressed the edge of the background with shabby shutter and then a thinner line of Stormy blue Distress ink. I just wanted a fairly clean and simple design for the first page.

The next page will be the last one of the collection.... I intend to do four layouts.  Again I used Smilebox to design the group of photos and a small background. I used one of those label makers to type little strips to go under each photo.
 I used my Cameo to create a black mat that was edged with graduates throwing their hats and adhered it to the photo. I cut and added another layer  to the bottom of the photo. The spotted paper is from the Portobello Road collection. Next I ripped the edge of some striped paper from my stash and curled up some of the edges. I adhered this to  bluey/purple Bazill cardstock and added the rest of the photo and mat. I added some extra hats to the layout then distressed the edge of the card stock with a distressing tool to roughen up the edges. I wanted this one to be different in design but still coordinating the colours.

The  bay was only 4 days old when these photos were taken and His proud dad insisted I make him a little graduation outfit to wear on the day. The was a big hit and made it into several of our local newspapers! Not a month old and he's already famous , he's being recognised  when he's out and about   with his mum!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Shannon, I love these!! The grad. caps flying through the air border is FABULOUS!

    These picture memories are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheridan!

      Forgive me for calling you Shannon! I haven't had my morning coffee yet and my brain has a slow start!

      Delete
  2. No problem Jann.
    I struggle with people's names all the time lol. I've been called a lot worse things heheheh!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.