"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

31 Aug 2012

Brag book finished

Its been a busy few days  with my brother visiting us so I haven't had a chance to craft until tonight.
I cracked on with the baby brag book.
The left page was simply done by embossing the topper  and then edged with some floral washi tape. A simple flower finished the page.
I cut out some teddy bears and glued the top of them. I then rubbed some blue glitter over the glued side. The teddies were then adhered tot he side of the left page. I love the paper on the left page so decided not to mat it. I simply adhered some button with Pinflair and wrapped some bakers twine around the buttons to form a frame.
I completed two tags tonight.


The blue tag was embossed and the raised flowers filled with Glossy Accent. The green tag was simply mated and layered and two elephant elements adhered tot he corner. I added some faux stitching around the edge.

The other side of the tags were a bit more decorative. I cut  1/2 inch wide strips of paper and  used the reverse pattern on half of the strips. I created a weave pattern topper and adhered  it to the tag. I distressed the edges with Shabby Shutters Distress ink.

For the green tag I designed and cut a holey mat which I distressed with stormy skies ink.
I cut a smaller mat and  rounded one corner. I edged the right had side and bottom of the mat with strips cut from the Graphic 45 paper. I fussy cut the little boy and adhered  him to the page.

I also went through the album adding a few touches here and there to just make it more interesting. I added Glossy accents over a few swirls and around a frame on one of the pages I did earlier.

I'm not going to do anymore of the album until I've got actual pictures to put in it so I can mat the photos.

If you would like the "holey" shape you are welcome to download it from HERE

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.