"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

28 Aug 2012

Brag book continued

 Its been a good evening crafting with me carrying on with my baby brag book. I was struggling to think of ideas for each page or tag but once I got started my mojo came back.. yay. I  it over with toppers and photo mats!!did have one problem though... the Graphic 45 paper is so nice I didn't want to cover it all up!!
This page is the inside of the front cover and page 1. I kept this very simple I just mated and layered a label and adhered it inside the page.  Then I added a topper and made a lace bo for the next page.

The next two pages  I made very similar to each other. I made simple photo frames. The left was made from mirri board and decorated with brads. The opposite page frame was made using the G45 paper  strips and the corners were mitred to form the frame . A couple of embellishments finished it off.

The paper on this page was very fussy so I simply added a topper. The right had side shows the tag that goes inside the pocket. It has a simple G45 strip border and a mat and topper.

The next page has a baby grow (onsie) cut out of G45 paper and decorated with paper lace and some pearl gems. The baby grow lifts up to reveal a photo mat underneath. Some of you may have seen this before in previous albums I've made. The idea came from Laura Denison's Follow the paper trail site and her videos for Special delivery tutorials on Ustream. The tag has a flower photo mat adhered to it. I embossed the flower to give it some dimension.

This photo shows the under side of the  two tags. I still have to decorate two tags and a couple of pages. I used a free stamp I had from a magazine and some metallic flakes. The green tag simply has some peel offs decorating it.

 I hope to get the album finished by the weekend because the baby is likely to arrive next week and I start back in work on Monday so I wont have much time to do any crafting next week!!!!
Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.