"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

26 Aug 2012

Baby Brag book


My first grandchild is due very shortly so I thought I'd stat making a brag book for the baby.
I've used Graphics45 paper plus a few sheets from my stash which I think  are from Papermania.

I've used a Susan Lui's mini album tutorial for this because it is a quick and easy album to make. 
You cut out two 6x6 inch squares and cover the front of them then adhere some ribbon across the two covers.
You cut out tow inside covers allowing room for the centre to be concertinaed. You then cout out the pages and adhere them to the folds



This is the cover. I've strengthened the spine by adding a piece of paper backed with clear duct tape. The tape allowed me to brush some glitter through the holes to add some sparkle!









 
The spine has been made with paper cut  using a cutting file I believe I got from Ukscrappers. I can't remember the name of the person who designed the mat so apologies for not acknowledging them.

 Once you've made the cover you cut five sheets of paper  and fold them in half and adhere them together. I only adhered one page , the rest I've turned into pockets.

Next I'll have to make some tags and photo mats.  Then it'll be deciding how to decorate the pages.
Finally I have to wait fr my grandson to be born and take plenty of pictures!!




You can see the original  tutorial HERE The album is near the bottom of that webpage.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.