"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

20 Aug 2012

August Tag

Yes...... I have managed to do the August tag for the 12 tags in 2012 project after all.  I decided to do it after I'd written my last post. It didnt take me very long because I already had some flowers made. I simply touched up the colours with some distress inks.
I stamped the frame and embossed it with black embossing powder. I then embossed the tag with a Tri boss folder by Xcut/papermania.( I think its called beautiful. It has a stamp that matches the folder. The stamp is by Papermania and called Square Urban Stamp if thats any help).
I then rubbed over the texture with some blue Ranger paint dabber. I cut out a picture of my mother when she was young and clear embossed it to protect it and adhered it inside the frame.
I die cut the branch (Sizzix bird branch) and cut off the bird. I coloured the branch with Distress ink ( burlap) and adhered that to the tag. I cut out some leaves coloured those and adhered them and the flowers to the tag.
I printed out the words distressed them and adhered those too. I thrreaded some charms through some blue lace and threaded them through the hole in the tag to finish it off.

I dedicate this post to my wonderful mother.
 Novembr 1922 - July 2012.
 I love you forever Mam xxxxx

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.