"Even without success, creative persons find joy in a job well done. Learning for its own sake is rewarding."

12 Jul 2012

July Tag

Tonight I had a go at the Tim Holtz July tag for the "12 tags in 2012" project. I did the theme of the Welsh flag to be patriotic but something isn't quite right with it and I can't put my finger on what needs changing.
How did I do it?... weellll...... I dropped some alcohol inks onto some glossy paper and squirted it with a can of compressed air. Next I printed and cut the welsh dragon and adhered t to the glossy paper.

Next I cut the red and green card mats and edged them with some white paint dabbers. I distressed the edges with a distressing tool. I added some green paper lace at one end and a letter brad.  I threaded a union jack button and a charm and added it to the tag. Finally  I used some more alcohol inks and coloured a strip of card. I stamped a saying onto the strip then adhered it to the tag with some foam pads to give it some dimension.

I enjoyed working with the alcohol inks but I'm not convinced this is a tag I really like. Maybe I ought to edge it with some darker distress ink??? What do you think?  I'll do what all crafters  tell you to do.. I'll walk away and come back tomorrow and have another look at it.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you taking the time.